Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hello World!

Im extremely excited to be returning to New Orleans this summer and its not just because of the weather. Which following this bitter cold New England winter is reason enough. However more important, this summer I will build upon the work I started with my Policy Analysis Exercise (PAE) at the Harvard Kennedy School to assist the City of New Orleans reform their Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program.  

Working directly with Aimee Quirk, Advisor to the Mayor on Economic Development, and Norman Roussell, Director of Supplier Diversity, my summer will be spent developing policies and procedures of the DBE program to increase the number of women and minority owned business awarded city contracts.

My work in New Orleans is made possible thanks to the generous support of the Women in Public Policy Program and their From Harvard Square to the Oval Office Internship. So stay tuned and check back to see what progress I make as a navigate through the city.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment